Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Bride & Groom

I have a race marked out specifically for you. It is the direction I have purposed for your life. When you look around at who is running beside you you may see similarities but do not compare. Satan wants you to look around, compare, and become disheartened. Do not loose heart.

Think about weddings I have allowed you to witness. When the doors fling wide open there are two people in the room who command attention. The Bride & The Groom. In that instant everything else fades away. The debate over whether or not you left the coffee pot on. Your hurt that is still fresh in your heart. Your questions over the big decision that is looming on the forefront of your thoughts.

Your eyes engage on one of two people. You either look at the bride as she walks down the aisle or you look to the groom to enjoy the sheer joy and wonder of the look on his face. And for those 15 seconds nothing else in the world matters. All your cares fade away.

Beloved, I am your Groom and you are my Bride. I want you to fix your eyes on me today. Fix your eyes on me so that everything can fade away in My Presence.

Hebrews 12:1-2, Hebrews 12: 12-13, Proverbs 4:25-26

No comments: