Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fiji

Last month we received our first Prayer Point magazine in the mail.  It is the bi-monthly prayer magazine for Samaritan's Purse.  Not only does it give you countries and prayer requests to pray for, it also includes a daily Bible reading.  If you do not have a good resource for summer Bible reading, I encourage you to go to Samaritan's Purse and check it out.  Today I want to share with you a story about a lady named Judy.  I read about her story in my Prayer Point magazine. 

She was an ordinary lady who took a trip to Fiji.  There was a little boy named Ajay sitting all by himself on a pew at the church.  He was 9 years old.  All the other children had opened their Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes and were outside happily playing and enjoying their new toys.  Ajay remained seated, box unopened.

Judy sat down beside him and opened the box lid.  Ajay's dad told her he had no eye sight in one of his eyes and very little in the other one.    Judy lifted out a little toy horse and placed it in Ajay's hand.  Then she pulled out a little booklet called The Greatest Gift Of All-a gospel presentation in Ajay's native language.

Guess what was under the book?  A magnifying glass.  Do you know that Ajay picked up that magnifying glass and his little face lit up because he was able to read the words?!

One ordinary day like today a family packed a little shoe box with small gifts.  Maybe they were at Targe' and found a magnifying glass in the $1 Spot. Maybe the little boy in that family loved magnifying glasses to play spy with so he had to include it.  Maybe an elderly lady packed the box and she knew how wonderful it was to be able to see.

One ordinary day like today, someone placed a seemingly insignificant toy of a magnifying glass in a shoe box and it got sent to Fiji.  It got sent to Fiji and a little boy named Ajay's world changed because he received a tool that brought sight to blind eyes.

And what about Judy?  God used her hands and feet to be able to be on the front line of seeing this miracle of God unfold right before her seeing eyes.

And what about you?  What will your hands do today?

Today my hands will comb hair and brush teeth.
Today my hands will help fasten shoes on little feet.
Today my hands will cut the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
Today my hands will drive little boys to swim lessons.
Today my hands will tuck them into bed for nap time and bedtime.

It makes me wander.  If I allow my hands to do the small tasks God has placed in front of me to do today-It makes me wander if he has a bigger plan for the small things my hands find to do today.

"the LORD gives sight to the blind."
Psalm 146:8

I pray today He gives you sight and leads you down paths he alone has carved out for your hands and your feet.

2 comments:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

This is really beautiful!!